Sly Rhythm Shelver
- Sly Rhythm Shelver
- Place of origin
- Spin, Ku-Wetan
- You somehow command attention and thus money from ordinary people.
- You have advantage on all CHA checks.
- You have disadvantage on all WIL checks. When fans find you, they become angry if you don’t sign their ration cards, e.g.
- High status
- A subdirector. (Co. connections.).
- Low status
- Alganeer (food maker).
- You fulfill your telos when you pull a really stupid move because it’s so damn hilarious.
- Health (HEA)
- Grit (GRT)
- Command (Standard)
- Burn 5 GRT and give a non-suicidal command to someone who understands you; that person must act upon the command. This is not a Weird power, however, and thus can be overruled by the hell science.
- Sting (Free)
- Your training in combat tactics allows you to pierce the thickest of armor. Burn 2X GRT: your next successful attack ignores X DR. This power works even against extradimensional armor but is not itself extradimensional.
- Bark (Free)
- Shout a quick suggestion to aid a companion: burn X GRT, max your level +1; someone else receives +X to their next roll. This can stack with boost.
- Feed (Hour)
- When not under direct threat, you pass around the beetle jerky and booze for a while. Burn 6 GRT: you and each person with you regains +dCHA (your CHA) +your level in pool, to be distributed between GRT and HEA however they like. Note, this takes one hour—not five, like normal resting.
- Arthropod (Permanent)
- You gain a permanent bonus of +1 MOV.
- Mandibles, spiracles, etc (2 round)
- You can metabolize a much greater range of chemicals than hominins, only a few of which are cognizable to them as “food”—from rotting fungusbark to human-urine energy shots. Whenever you encounter something possibly edible, make a WIL/resist world check. Take that result and roll as many d4s. For every resulting 4, you regain 1 point of pool, assigned to HEA or GRT as you like. (The GM gets final say on what things around you might be “edible,” but they should be generous!) Eating possible-food takes at least 20 seconds (two rounds).
- Big spiky hard-shelled bug (Permanent)
- You gain a permanent bonus of +1 COM.
- Upholstery hammer
- Large chef’s knife
- Pistol, modern, large-caliber
- Thick reptilian hide, head still on
You were brought to Spindle as a child by a violet, many-limbed being that called itself "Malaki." It was always kind to you, but it claimed it was trading you to the Co. in exchange for something important. It told you never to seek it out...
- 200 gl
Oddments and archaetech
- Found oddment
- Rhino-like horn filled with snakkurwort butter and stoppered with blue wax. The butter, painstakingly crafted by the lawless Hreen sea-raiders of Darasan, tastes like pickled fish and onions and makes everything more delicious. You are probably the only person on whatever planet, station, or ship you are currently visiting that has ever tasted the joys of snakkurwort. (N.B., supposedly snakkurwort is a moral blight of a substance, made from the breastmilk of enslaved and tortured Theenish serfs, and you should space your horn immediately. But since no one else with you knows what the hell it is…)